Monday, August 4, 2014

Camp Week Two

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."
-Jawaharlal Nehru


Seem like it has been forever since I have blogged, but it was just last week. I had a wonderful weekend last week, but it did seem too short. I will just be blogging about last week and then include this weekend in my next post. There is just way to much to talk about :)

 Saturday we got to sleep in and then go shopping for the week of camp. When we got to Walmart I saw this car and really wanted it!
 

 Watermelon is my favorite fruit and I can definitely eat my share of it. Wait, I take that back…I don’t share very well at all! One time I had a long day at work and then I worked out at the gym, so when I got home I was so excited that there was a watermelon. I cut it in half, did not even care to cut it up, and before I knew it the whole watermelon was gone! It was not a small watermelon either, I kinda surprised myself, but I sure was hydrated after that.

After our shopping trip we had to get home to get everything ready for my oldest brother's family so they could spend the weekend here. I had not seen the family in 2 1/2 years, and I can’t say how good it was to reconnect with all of them. Zach has 4 kids and they are all so much fun to play with. We went out to the swing set, climbed trees, played soccer, and crochet.
 
 
Michael is the 4 year old and he was so much fun! We got to do a lot together and at every meal he saved me a seat next to him. I got to go visit them again this weekend on my road trip to Massachusetts .... And the word first towards the end of the post ;)  and I have more pictures of our visit for my next post.

On Monday is was stormy and wet so Wes and I took the challenge to go down the mountain and meet the truck driver. We also order camp food from a supplier, but they are not brave enough to make the mountain climb. We got all ready for the rain and made it a ton of fun!
 

 After unpacking all the boxes Shylee decided that she would rather sleep on the boxes then the floor. Spoiled a little you think?  

 Wes and I had so much fun making our own fruit creations.

 
 French toast morning

Here is Zach’s daughter, Catherine (she is 9) and she is here as a camper this week. I got to talk to her at every meal, she loved camp and said that she never wanted to leave.

 
Jackie and I got to do the shopping on Tuesday for food for the rest of the week. It was so nice to have the ride down there to just talk and get to know her better. The shopping was quick and easy and we only forgot to get white vinegar ;)

After Jackie and I got back from shopping it was time to fire up the grill for island chicken night! This is my favorite meal ever! My mom and I throw together a marinade (literally throw) the night before, and then we serve the chicken with rice and a veg. We did 30lb of chicken and it was gone in about 15 minutes, the kids always love it.


 Jiggers…I don’t know what it is about them but they are so much fun to eat!
 

White chocolate dipped pretzels

One day for lunch we served mac and cheese, toast, and apple sauce.
 
I made carmel covered pretzels...they were yummy! 

My mom had gone to the candy isle of the store and came back with this for me. She knows me too well, I love gummy bears!!
Campers playing a scavenger hunt that I created for them. They did way better with it this year than last years group.
 

I made mocha chocolate chunk muffins for the staff. I wish they had more of a coffee flavor to them, but they seemed to enjoy them anyways.
My favorite part of the week would have to be Thursday when my younger sister came back to camp. She was working in VT for the summer and now she is back. The night she came back we stayed up sooo late just talking, got to love the late night girl talks <3
Friday afternoon my Mom asked me to take Hope and Wes to get there sports physicals done. It was a fun drive down and it was a quick and easy visit :)
Last day of camp for junior week two! This table of campers were my favorite! They said they wanted me to cook for them forever! Just a bunch of sweet girls <3
Now for a week off of camp, but that means it is time to get some deep cleaning done! First a relaxing weekend in MA to see family. Hopefully I will be able to post before speciality week starts!! 
 
With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef


 

No comments:

Post a Comment