Sunday, September 20, 2015

Spirit Week!

Today was not the new start of a chapter, but when I moved to Virgina I truly believe it was!



Hope you all are ready to see my crazy self because this week was spirit week at school!!!! 

....Prepare yourself....

Monday was neon day! 


To start my week off on the right foot, Monday morning after my workout, I made a strawberry, banana, and almond smoothie! 


Tuesday was twin day so me and Lolita (she started working the day before me) were twins!


Wednesday had to be my favorite day...it was wacky Wednesday! One of the moms that come to have lunch with her daughter everyday said "Heather, the question of today is do you wear those on a regular daily bases?" I told her I have...just not together ;/ 


Thursday was fancy day! Now for this day I just wore this beautiful bow because when working with the babies you get spit-up and drool on you and I did not want to ruin my nicer clothing. Plus being in a skirt or dress with babies could be a really bad idea!  


Friday was sports day! This day I loved as well because I was able to wear my soccer jersey to work and be comfortable all day! This was my Guam national soccer jersey from a trip that I went on in high school to the Philippians. It was fun to pull it out of my storage/keepsake bag and wear it again!


So on Friday nights I get to finish the week in the most perfect way...with the Roundy family! When I got there Andrew wanted to finish the soccer game we started when I was there for Labor day but we still did not get to finish it. I am sure that it will be a game we pick up on every time I go over! We had pizza and watched Yes Minister which I had never seen before, but it was very interesting and we watched like 5 episodes! Such a sweet family and I am already looking forward to spending this next Friday night with them!


I have been wanted to get my hair trimmed up so badly, but with my income being so low I just could not justify it quite yet. Saturday morning after getting my wash all done I went to try out this barber shop to get a little trim. I liked it, but I am just not sure if I should keep growing my hair out or keep it short and styled. What do you all think? So I got it trimmed up so it did not look so out of control but still trying to decide what I want to do with it. While I was there I also went on a very nice walk around because the weather has been so nice here!



Well it was that time of week again...food shopping time! I wanted to go to this grocery store that is known for their doughnuts because so many people since I have moved said that I have needed to try them. This was THAT day...they are called colossal doughnuts and as you can see in the picture they are HUGE! I had to get Boston cream first because it has always been my favorite kind of doughnut, but they all looked yummy. As soon as I got to the car I took it out and took a bite....and that was it....I was in heaven...they are fresh and just amazing! The frosting is the kind that hardens just a bit and the cream was sweet but not over kill. The pastry was fluffy and chewy with a little bit of a tang to it. I just sat there and enjoyed every bite and I can guarantee you that is ANYONE in the parking lot saw me they thought that I was tasting a doughnut for the first time in my life. It was so good...then it hit my tummy...
but I got over it :)


This week I had found some new ideas for food that I really wanted to try out. I wanted to try this healthy cookie dough recipe and also homemade vegetable burgers. I wanted to try some new ideas for lunches and I always crave chocolate after my lunch and lately I have really wanted cookie dough. The cookie dough I was more nervous to try because it has no flour or butter (its is made with chick peas instead). I have seen recipes like it before but had never gotten brave enough to try it. This weekend I did and it is REALLY impressive. No, it is not the same but it is a great alternative and the chocolate chips are still in there so you can't so wrong! The vegi patties came out great as well and I am really excited to bring them to work for lunch. They took some time to prep but they were simple and cheap to make. Many people say that eating healthy is expensive, but you just have to be willing to put in some extra prep time. You can do the work your paying for because most of the time your paying for the convenience of it. Anyways, off the soap box :)


This was my college graduation gift from my Dad and Mom and I got to use it this weekend and I love it!



To make these I spent $7.34, but that was with the flax-seeds and the seasoning which I wont have to buy again next time. I made 5 patties,(perfect for my 5 days of work) so that's $1.47 a patty! Again that is counting the bulk items...and these do not have the preservatives that the frozen ones you buy do. I don't know about you but that's a winner in my book and I will be making and having these more often! 


You know after you make something new you just have to try one...and Pastor gave me some grilled vegetables to go with it! Best meal I had all week!


Pastor then texts me asking if I want a blizzard from Dairy Queen...yeah, not passing that up! Pastor and Peg have been such a huge blessing and I know I have said that before but they have been spoiling me! They have asked me if I have wanted pizza, ice cream, subway and my favorite chocolate covered mangoes whenever they have them. Many days I have come home to a cinnamon roll or a loaf of bread sitting in my apartment. It seems to small but it is a huge encouragement and boost for me. Some days are long and it always makes me smile and feel special! The days that I lived here before I got my first paycheck it was a huge weight off my shoulders. I am so blessed to be able to live here not because it is not as expensive as somewhere else, but because I have two people that encourage me and feel like family. I know I can be open and honest with them I just wish I could do more for them.


Today, church was great and lunch was alot of fun as always! I got to also go to coffee with Amanda and Carissa and just catch up with two ladies that I see as good friends! We talked for a long time and then we went to TJ Max to do a little shopping (we are girls, we just had to do it). Finishing my week off with blogging is one of my favorite things because it allows me to recap the week and get excited for a new week that is coming quickly! With that new week approaching that means bedtime has to be at a good time and that's where I will be heading after I get my lunch packed and my clothes set out. 

Have a wonderful week!


With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment