Sunday, September 27, 2015

A New Monday

This week started off great, but became hard starting Wednesday. This week was Ramadan and we had many teachers take off three days. That put so much stress on the teachers that were still there. I was moved to a different room and felt like the blind was leading the blind and everything was very unorganized and chaotic. On Friday I was moved back to my classroom after part of the day and I was so happy to be in my with my kids again. On Thursday I went into my room on my lunch break because I just needed to give my kids some Miss Heather love. It was hard being in another classroom and just showed me how grateful I need to be that I was placed in the room I was put into because they have stolen my heart. It was a hard three days, but Monday is a clean start to a week...last week happened and is over. I want to go in with a new perspective and just learn from what happened and not be upset are annoyed with it.

On Wednesday at the end of the day I was comforting one of the boys that was not having a good day and he threw up all over me :(. I was rocking him in my my lap while talking to one of my co-workers and I had looked down and was throwing up. We were just talking and he had calmed down and then there was a HUGE mess to clean up. His mom came right after I had changed him so I got him out the door and then had to go change myself and get cleaned up. I know now that it is inevitable that teachers get sick all the time when they first start teaching. Kids have no sense of germs and when working with babies all you can do is try your best to keep everything clean and wash your hands a whole lot. When I got home I had to stay up and do an emergency wash, but after all the little boy felt way better so that's is all mattered.       


I started my Saturday off on a great foot with some homemade chocolate chip pancakes! I went out to coffee with a friend and when I got back I really wanted a yummy breakfast. I did not get to sleep in, but the coffee date was much needed and I enjoyed the good coffee and company (that sounds like it could be a great name for something, just saying). The pancakes were amazing and reminded me as a kid when my mom would make them she would make whatever kind we wanted and I always was a chocolate chip girl. I remember my dad liked apple, my mom liked plane, and some of my siblings even did banana. I always loved my mom's cooking and there are still many things that I can't make like she does.


After a great breakfast I had planned on doing some shopping and not just grocery shopping! This week I got paid and there were 4-5 hours of training hours I got paid for so I had decided that this could be my "fun" money. I wanted to get some new socks and a hair dryer but they were not essential so they had to wait till this week. I was so excited because I can wear these to work and they wont get as dirty looking as colored socks do. Hey, it is the little things in life that matter the most.....this is my new life motto!


To finish my Saturday Amanda and I went to a Brad Paisley concert in DC! I had never been to a concert before last night and we had a ton of fun! I LOVE country music...it did make me miss living in Georgia and farm life but it was so worth it! I was so excited to be able to dress up with my plaid shirt, jean shorts, and my boots and not be the only one wearing them! When we got there we checked the weather and it was not suppose to rain so we left the blanket in the car, but IT DID rain...alot!



We got there early so we could get good seats but the gate had not opened yet. So we walked around and looked at the different venues and found a side stage that small bands played on. We sat on the ground there until the gate opened and then went and got the best lawn seats! We were on the front row in the middle section. It was great because we could see perfectly and did not feel so crowded! As soon as we sat the rain got harder, the drops got bigger, and the wind got colder. All being a combination that could be very miserable, yet Amanda and I were determined to not let it spoil our night. Lets just say that I think I sing way better while my teeth chatter ;)



I was SOO excited and could not WAIT for the show to start!


This is a name of my new favorite singer (Mickey Guyton), she opened the night and was great! She is so beautiful and I have looked up more of her songs on youtube, lets just say I am a fan :) The other opener was Justin Moore and he was good as well, but I really liked Mickey!


As soon as Brad came out my energy got so high and I was so excited. He gave us two hours of music and did a great job. There were so many times that I just had to remind myself that he was really right there and it was not just playing on my car radio. My favorite songs that he played were "adios reality" and "mud on my tires".




My favorite part was when he face-timed Carrie Underwood and they sang "remind me". it was really cool and Carrie was so sweet and even talked to the crowd for a little bit.


These are pictures that Amanda took and put together!


You can see in this picture how wet we really were by the end of the show. The bottom right picture of me cracks me up, and will be a reminder of all the great memories we made! It was alot of fun and I will not just remember that it was my first concert, but I will remember the random things that happened and how crazy we were to do it.


Today has been a rainy Sunday, but I am thankful for it because I have not been tempted to go outside. Although I did just sit on the porch for a bit and worked on writing this blog, but that's still getting something done right? I have also made my food up for the week and got some work stuff done. All in all a great and productive Sunday. Now that everything is done I think it is time for a little Dancing with the Stars to end my weekend (Lolo and I both still watch it and are able to text about it).

I am ready for a NEW week and a new chance to do some great things.

With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef

P.S- y'all need to tell Lolo to get her butt back to blogging....it is starting to get lonely :P

No comments:

Post a Comment