Sunday, October 4, 2015

Drip Drop

What a great week filled with kids, lessons learned and a whole lot of RAIN!



Sunday night while I was blogging Pastor knocked on my door with an ice cream sundae in his hand that he had gotten for me :) I mean...talk about getting your week started right :) Also that evening I went outside at 9 o'clock and started watching the lunar eclipse. I sat out with Pastor and Peg just talking as we enjoyed the cool weather and watched the moon slowly become covered by the earths shadow. We got to watch it turn red a little bit but it had gotten really cloudy so we had to give up and just enjoy pictures of it on facebook the next day! It was so beautiful and knowing that there will not be another blood moon until 2033 it was really cool to be able to see a little bit of it.



Tuesday was National Coffee Day!!!! I was sad because with traffic being bad I did not think I would be able to make it to DD to get a cup. Then I thought that during my break I could walked down to one that is about a mile from where I work. It was sprinkling but I power walked it and made it back to work in 30 min and beat all the rain. I got back to work with just enough time to finish my cup before I had to go back into the classroom. It was the best cup of free coffee ever :)


I have to admit that my commute has been hard to not get frustrated with this week. I spent much longer on the roads this week because of the weather and the accidents. It is hard because I feel like I could be doing better things or just the sheer feeling of just being home at the end of my day can get me wishing I was not stuck behind a million red lights...hey, that sounds like it could be lyrics to a song! I should make up one while I sit in DC traffic (hey, that could be the name) see already off to a good beginning! I just have to tell myself that I am blessed to have this job and I will get home someday! :)


This week there was a storm that had a potential to hit us and so we have had alot of rain, wind, and cooler temperatures these last few days. It was hard going into work on Friday because there was a good amount of water on the roads, but I canceled all my weekend plans so I could just stay home. I love fall weather so much yet the only thing that I don't like about it is I know winter is coming...and I am not a fan!


Friday I wore my UGA shirt to work because we played Alabama this weekend! This is a shirt that I was given by my Cartey family before I left GA, and it has become a favorite shirt of mine. I miss that family so much and hope I can go visit them soon!


Saturday morning I slept in and then bundled up to sit on the porch to do my devotions and read! The weather was so perfect for it, with a cup of tea in hand that is.


My co-teacher and director from the center have been talking about this show so much and said I would love it and need to watch it. This Saturday was the perfect time, so I started with season one and am already super addicted to it! I have watch many episodes this weekend and I am excited to have a show that I enjoy watching in my spare time. I have caught myself several times talking out loud during the show to no one but myself. It is so interesting and have become so curious on to how they fit characters together. I LOVE fairy tales!  


On rainy days I have always loved to bake and with it being fall I wanted to do something with pumpkin! One of my favorite things to make from scratch has been cinnamon rolls so I worked on my recipe with how to add pumpkin to it.  


I was not sure at all how they were going to taste or turn out but i was willing to give it a shot. I wanted to add pumpkin puree and all the pumpkin spices so here went nothing.


My dough felt great and looked like it doubled in size which means I did not kill my yeast :) I was starting off well!


The dough rolled out nicely and the cinnamon and sugar smelt to good, so at this point I was hopeful!


This is before then went into the fridge for the night and the picture on the right is after they came out of the oven this afternoon. I tried to be cool with the frosting but cut the bag hole to big (fail) so I ended up just spreading the frosting.


Sunday afternoon was the perfect weather to go on a run wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. I loved looking for trees that had already started changing colors and seeing what trees leaves were already gone. I really enjoy running in fall weather, but not a fan of the winter runs!



When I got back home it was time to put in the cinnamon rolls!! They smelt great while they were baking, but I was not so sure of how they would taste yet. When they came out I put the frosting on and served them up! Pastor, Peg, and I had a great conversation while we ate (I always enjoy the time I get to spend talking with them, they are both very wise). I thought that the cinnamon rolls were....DELICIOUS! I did not like the frosting/glaze I made, but the roll was so good! They turned out really moist and fluffy, Pastor had seconds and you know that is always a good sign!


Tomorrow is another start to a work week and I am excited because this month we are doing a fall theme in my classroom. Last week we did pumpkins and this week we are focusing on apples! We are doing this awesome apple art and I cant wait to see how it turns out.

My clothes are piled high in my room and are screaming to be put away, I think I will go do that and watch another episode of Once Upon a Time ;P

With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment