Sunday, October 25, 2015

Birthday Week

This is a quote I had found in the middle of the week on someones Facebook wall and I set it as the background on my phone. I loved it because I feel like I never know how long or where I will be next. I know the Lord has me here in VA today, but who knows what these next couple of months will hold.


What a week it has been! We are having a big inspection this coming week at our center and it has been putting alot of pressure on our admin and therefor putting pressure on us as teachers. Kids are so aware of things like this and could feel it and knew something was different. The kids were on edge and teachers where frustrated so it made for a hard week. I tried to get up every morning and start fresh yet when I walked through the doors it was very hard to choose joy. This last week is behind me and I can't wait to start a new week and get this evaluation out of the way so things can settle back down. 

My birthday was on Wednesday and this year it was very different. I could not thank the people that sent me packages enough, they meant so much to me this year being so far from everyone. This picture is of a poster that one of my colleagues made for me ( I loved that she even put a bow on it). The grapes and the strawberries were a gift from another colleague because I am always snacking on fruit during the day.       


I wanted to get my birthday drink from Starbucks before work that day, but the Starbucks that is in the same building as my job was closed for renovations. I went after work to different one and got an iced salted caramel mocha! It was so good and after a long day at work it was so refreshing!


Coming home I was tired and exhausted, it did not really feel like a birthday and I was kinda sad. I walked into my apartment and this was on my table from Pastor and Peg! This was so sweet and made the day so much brighter.


I tried this chocolate at work this week and it was really yummy! Chocolate always helps everyone smile  a little bigger :)


On Saturday I went to the DMV to get my car title transferred and to change my license to a VA one. I wanted to knock it all out in one trip and I was able to do just that! It was a huge blessing because I did not have to wait as long as I thought and I had all the paperwork I needed. Joseph so willingly come over to help me get my old tags off and put my new ones on. We decided to go to McDonalds so we could just catch up and we talked for 2 hours. He has been a huge help whenever I need anything and he challenges me to love with a Christlike love. He could have chosen to not have a friendship with me because it was to hard or make others think badly of me because it did not work between us, but he has chosen to do the opposite. He and I are good friends and that has only been by the grace of our God. After I talked to Joe I went to a coffee shop to install some things on my laptop and to get some thank you cards written for the gifts! It was so relaxing and you can never go wrong with getting a cinnamon roll to help get things done :)



Because my birthday was so different I wanted to wait until this weekend to open my packages. With all the stress of everything at work I knew I would enjoy them more if I waited! These are the sweet gifts from Lolo, I loved everything she put in here and everything had a post-it note on it on why she was giving it to me. There were plate holders in here but they did not make it in the picture because I could not wait to get my plates set in them.



These are the gifts from Al and Sue (the couple I go out to lunch with every week after church). They are so sweet and this is a new favorite sent of mine! 


This was a sweet package from one of my great friends from my Northland days. She has never forgotten to send me something on my birthday...I hope I can go visit her someday. We will talk or text once in a while and it is so cool because I feel like our friendship will always be like that. We always pick right up and it is always so sweet when we get to catch up! I love the bow and the chocolates are delicious!


Saturday night I was called up to grab dinner...yeah they spoil me!!! It was so yummy!


Today I have felt under the weather, but I could net help notice the beautiful turn of the trees when I walked my trash out.


I feel like that was a super scattered post, but that is how my head feels right now. It was a hard week, but it is behind me now and I am ready for a brand new week! oh...one month from TODAY I will be seeing Lolo!!!!!  

Ready or not Monday, HERE I COME!!!


With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment