Sunday, October 18, 2015

Personal Blessings

I know I am chalenged every time I step into my work place to choose JOY! Joy is a hard thing to have all day, and on a Monday morning joy is hard to even find! Lets make this Monday a great one!


This last Monday was a staff training day and I became first aid and CPR certified! As I told you in my last blog post it was a super hero theme and I went as bat girl! Here is a picture of me in action and as you can tell in the second picture I made the best of it and made it fun. 




The class was really not that bad and the instructor was really good at keeping our attention. At the start of the class he said that there would be a 53 question test at the end and we had to score 98% or higher to pass. He gave us paper to take notes on and then split us into teams and the winning team would not have to take the test. You can imagine how competitive everyone got and how well we paid attention. At the end he passed out a sheet of paper that was facing writing side down and told us that we could keep our notes but we had to turn in our books. He said we could flip the paper over and start...we did and it was just a teacher evaluation sheet, there was no test! He tricked us all into listening and taking really good notes for nothing :) He got us all good! It was a long day of training but we all made it fun and endured the day off together!

On my walk into work I noticed this trees leaves changing, and thought it looked really cool how they were changing from the outside in. I love fall!




With this fall weather it has brought some storms in with it. I know it is not the country side, but the sky looked so cool! I am still getting use to the many cars, tall buildings, and power lines that end up in city pictures. It was always easy and quick to snap a sky picture in Georgia. I also miss seeing the stars shine bight across the hay fields in Georgia.



Well everyone I am about to tell you about two very big blessings that prove that the Lord knows the desires of our hearts! I had wanted to go see my family in VT for thanksgiving, but because of finances and the timing it was not going to happen. I was then praying that I would be able to go see them for Christmas and because of the extra time I had to put in a request to get work off I was hopeful that this may work. I prayed hard and waited to put in the form. Last Monday I went ahead and asked for the three days before Christmas Eve that way it would give me the whole week plus the weekends on both sides off. That Friday on my way into work I prayed that the Lord would just give me peace about it and that it was in His hands and timing. Sure enough that day my director come in and approved my time off! I just screamed, was so happy, and started to cry! I could not tell you how excited I was to be able to spend time with my family for Christmas! I will be road tripping it up there (it is about an 8 hour drive)! After hearing this news whenever I would tell people about being able to go see my family for Christmas I would say " I will not be able to go home for thanksgiving, but I will be thankful that I get to see them all at Christmas time". Well, Jesus had his own plan for thanksgiving that I did not even know yet! On Wednesday I bought a ticket to go visit Georgia for 4 full days! Yeah, totally did not know it would work or where I would get the money from, but He knew. I called my director before I got the ticket and she said I could get the time I needed off to make my flight. So where am I going to get the money from? Good question but I have already been blessed with people giving me money for it and my birthday money is going towards the ticket too. I know the Lord is going to provide for the ticket, I just know it!  I am writing it down to see how the Lord is going to work and to know that God will provide even for the little things that we enjoy. He is good and has always provided what I need and now He has given me something a desire!

It has been so neat to see since I have moved how evident the Lord has been in my life. I know I am were I am suppose to be because he has blessed me so much! It is so cool how we have a God that cares for us as individual people and knows what make me, Heather Thompson, feel loved. He knew how important it was to me to be able to be with my family for Christmas and go and see all my friends in Georgia. Thanksgiving and Christmas are two times of the year when not being with family or close friends is so hard. I am so thankful and blessed that I get to spend both of these holidays with loved ones. Some times are hard to be here and Satin knows what gets me discouraged and will try to get me to doubt why I am here. Things like these blessings give me reassurance that this is where I need to be.

On Saturday I got up and the weather was perfect for devotions, a cinnamon roll, and a cup of tea on the porch. 


On the weekends I try to not do to much work because my mind just needs a break. So I went on a 6.4 mile run, did laundry, made my meals for the week, hung out with some friends, and then I got to watch collage vball and Rio 2 with the Pastor and Peg. I love Saturdays that I can rest and get ready for the next week.

Today after church my sweet friend Barbara and her husband took me out to Ruby Tuesdays for my birthday. It was so much fun and so great to catch back up with her and also get to know her husband more. They are a sweet couple and mean so much to me, they are so encouraging and fun to be with. I am sad because I forgot to get a picture, sorry :(  

After lunch I met Elizabeth at Starbucks for a planning (we are both teachers) party! We actually got a good amount of work done and were able to do some talking here and there! It was nice to be doing it with someone else, and I hope we can do this again soon! 


When I got back home I took a walk to mail some letters and this is what was behind me! How beautiful is that, this is the first sun set that I have seen that is this vibrant since I moved here!


Well my friends I am falling asleep right here at my desk so I should get to bed here soon. I am ready to knock out another week and I am looking forward to seeing my kids tomorrow! You all have a wondurful week and remeber that we serve a God who knows out desires and desires them for us, we just have to obey!


With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment