Sunday, September 6, 2015

What Comes with a New Job

So I will warn you all now that this blog does not have much to it. It is hard because I work from 8am-8pm every day of the week and I can't take any pictures so there is not going to be many "fun" pictures. :(

This week of work was good...how can it not be good when you have a pajama day and a luau day in the same week. On this blog there will be exciting stuff that we share, but because life is not always roses and sunny skies there will also be some hard and sad stuff shared as well.


Tuesday many of my co-workers were frustrated at different things and it felt like everyone was having a bad day. After work I said that we should go to CiCi's pizza and stuff our faces (yeah...we are a bunch of girls) so we did. We all had a great time and came in refreshed and ready for work the next day!


PAJAMA DAY!


LUAU DAY!!!!


My favorite day was pajama day because it was so much fun to see the kids come in and be so excited to be wearing there pajamas still. There were a couple days this week that were just hard to be the "newbie" in the center. It is just hard because I do not like to get in trouble for something when I did not do it intentionally at all. I don't get mad when it happens I more get hurt because I did not do it to push the rules or cross lines. This week I just felt like once a day I was told I was doing or wearing something wrong. After a while it just gets to you and for me Thursday was that day! Every job is not perfect and if you think there is a job out there that is please let me know because I don't think anyone has found it yet. We are all sinners and that's why it is hard sometimes to work together, we ALL have bad days and overreact. Many people think that it is okay to have a bad day themselves yet if anyone else is having a bad day there is no grace. I had a bad day Thursday, but I pulled through it and Friday was a great day! Just remember that every action is a choice!    

This was a gift that came from my sweet little friend KK in GA. Underneath is a picture of us from my "see ya later" party. She is a sweet girl and sent me theses things to decorate my apartment with. I love getting packages, it just has been very hard for me because I have not been able to afford sending anything back yet :( it will come with time I just have to be patient. 



I love experimenting with baking, and this weekend I got to make something to bring to the church picnic and a Labor Day dinner. I went on pinterest and found some cool things to try and was very excited to be able to bake again. I went shopping on Saturday and then that night Pastor and Peg went out to dinner so I went up and got to borrow the oven.

To sum up my baking time
Lets just say some days are just not good days to bake and Saturday was one of those days. I tried this cake that you just add the soda to and then bake it..well it worked it just come out with a weird texture. I did a dark chocolate cake with root beer and it was just weird, but at least it worked. The other thing I tried were these lemon/cake bars. They said to get angel food cake and add a lemon pie filling and bake it....well that did not work it was AWFUL! I had to throw it all away....it was so funky and if anyone out there has tried this and it worked please tell me the secret.






Sunday afternoon we had a church picnic and it was SO much fun! It was a beautiful day and the food was so yummy! Living on my own with little money I have to be careful with what I make and to be able to have variety with having a little bit everything was so yummy! I mean look at my plate...so random! I ate with a young couple from the church and it was great getting to know them, it was cool to talk to everyone because there was no time line or wanting to get home. We ate and talked and then there was a gazebo, batting cages, volleyball, soccer and trails to walk on. There was also a Springfest that they were having as you drove out of the park so I stopped in and got to check it out! It was a fun fill afternoon and I loved just getting to know my new church family. Church families are so important and they have been so sweet and supportive during this time of change. 






It was too beautiful outside to just come home and be inside so I went on a walk and found these vibrant flowers! I also got a workout in and had my coffee protein shake with the new coffee I bought on Saturday. It was yummy, but now I am tired and ready for bed :) Tomorrow I have off and I'm going over to a families house that I knew in Guam a long time ago. I cant wait to reconnect and I think we are going to the pool and having dinner! It will be so sweet to be with a family for the holiday, I do like my family time because I miss seeing mine.    



Hope you all have a great Labor Day, enjoy the nice weather and eat some yummy food! 

With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment