Thursday, September 4, 2014

Specialty Camp Week


Life in Maine is over for this summer! Now it is time to get back to work and life in Athens. 
 
Specialty camp was a blast, but so sad that I had to leave my family behind.
 
Here is some of the staff for the week
 

My brother and his wife did the drama side of the camp. They are such and encouragement to me of what a strong couple looks like. 
 
 
My "twin" did the soccer side and she did an amazing job with the teens. She is a sister that gives and sacrifices and expects nothing in return.
 

Because we had so many campers and staff all the sisters stayed in the cabins. I loved it because we got that time every night to talk and fall asleep watching movies.
 

My very animated brother, I am so proud of where he has gone with his gift in acting. I love anything that he writes or parts that he plays. My sister is an incredible coach and player, she is someone her players always respect and look up to.
 
 

Going to again go crazy with the food pictures. When you work in the kitchen you cant really get any other pictures. This weeks menu was super cool because I did a favorite meal from each family members childhood. Mine was cheese ball, crackers, and subway (so we did subs).
 

 
Then a dessert I love it latiya, it is a chammorrow (natives on Guam) dessert. It is a cake with a custard on top then sprinkled with cinnamon.   
 

On Monday night Kristin and I got to go pick up Faith. Faith is two years older then me and is a certified RN.
 
 
Kristin's favorite was sausage dish. It is a potato and corn casserole with link sausage on top.


My little brother wanted sweet and sour meatballs, they were one of the best dinners. I LOVE Asian cuisine.
 
 
 
Just me being my crazy self...

Icecream SUNDAYS

 
For my brother Micah's birthday I made cupcakes. It was a chocolate cupcake with salted caramel frosting and masks made for my homemade fondant.  

Homemade cinnamon roll morning!!!!!
 

Guam chicken night with potato salad and corn on the cob
 
Cake batter and peanut butter dessert balls....we gave the kids graham crackers with them.




 
Last day on the Mountain :( Zach and the kids came to see us before me and my brother left.
 
 
My helper for the day.
 

Took him on a ride
 
 
Fun as a family


 
 
To the airport we go
 

 
 
Ready to start my new job and move into my apartment!! My next post will be all about it!
 
With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef 



No comments:

Post a Comment