Sunday, August 16, 2015

Life is Unpredictable

Well, what a crazy week I have had! Not what I had thought it would be at all, but as you know from my last post I am learning so much!


As you will learn quickly I am a very moody eater and when I crave something it will normally happen ;) Last Saturday I just really wanted Sushi so I went to several different places and no one had it. It was official...I was on a sushi hunt and at this point I was determined to find some. I even went to a Asian restaurant, but it was closed for 4 hours to prep for dinner. I ended up driving about 6 miles more to a store where they have a ton of prepped food and there it was...Sushi of all kinds! I was so happy when I saw it and then to even make it better lady at the counter asked if I wanted her to make a fresh one and I was even more excited! I got a spicy tuna roll it was the perfect dinner and tasted so good!


Pastor needed his basement (the one I an renting)  for his daughter so I was able to spend Sunday and Monday with the Smith family! That is the same family I went on the mud run with so we had a great couple of days! Ethan (the oldest boy) has a pet snake and he waited till I was over to give him his food for the week. Scar (the snake) gets fed live mice or rats and it was really interesting to watch.


On week days a group of ladies from the church get up early and meet somewhere to go on a 4-5 mile run. Sometimes they go on a longer or shorter run depending on how much time they have. So Monday morning I decided to join in on the fun, we went running at 5:15 and finished about 6:40. It was good to have the accountability, but I am not one that likes to workout in the morning. With my work hours being smack in the middle of the day I will have to make a choice of whether to workout later or earlier during the day.

 This other picture is of a super fun game that the Smiths had from Nepal. It was a little like pool, but you would flick the pieces and there were some extra rules. It was a fun game, and I could see how it can get addicting to play.



About work...as you know from my last post things yet again has come to a stop. On Monday I went in to do paperwork and I thought it would just be a bunch of signing, but I had to get a TB test done and a work physical. So after I was done there I went right to get the TB shot because you have to wait for two days for the results. This was the first time I have gone to the doctors by myself, it made me miss having my mom there to fill out all that paperwork (I was proud that I only texted her about one question I had). I worked my tail off to get all the other paperwork done by Wednesday and it all worked out perfectly, but to make a really long and complicated story short I will not be able to start now until Tuesday at the earliest.




I had just finished one of my walk/runs and it was way too beautiful outside to be inside so I sat on the porch to cut and painted my nails. As I was sitting there it started to sprinkle, but the sky was clear and breezy so it did not last long. The rain was very refreshing and the the smell was very clean and crisp. These are the little things in life that just make it so sweet and enjoyable.  



I was so excited to have a afternoon to be home and work on putting my quote wall back up! Ever since I have moved out on my own I have written quotes that I have needed at different times of my life. Most of the time I save them in a notebook and then watch a TV show and write them up. I love having them in my room because in the mornings or at night I like to read one or two as a reminder. I also have some very special crafts on the wall from kids that I love very much.


There is a library very close to where I live and I went to check it out the other day. I am excited that I will be able to get some books to read in my classroom and I am also hoping that this may help encourage me read more then I do. I was very happy to see that they had two shelves of audiobooks because I have quite a commute to work and these will be so nice to listen to! The little kid came out in me when I saw that they had the Ramona series so I will start with this and who knows what I will get next time :)    


In my apartment I do not have a stove so I am making the best out of what I have. I ordered a crock pot from Amazon and already have used it to make chicken. All I did was put some salsa on the chicken and slow cooked it for three hours (this way it is nice and moist). It was quick/easy and I think it will become something I can take to work along with some lentils and a veggie. I have been trying to be careful with my money, but it was only $11 and shipping was free!  


It was the night before I was going to have my first day at work so I decided to celebrate. I ordered a small pizza from a local pizzeria, but I would soon get the call from work telling me that they had to push my start date back. Oh well, the pizza was already ordered and I had already picked out Finding Nemo to watch. So I just had my celebration early and the pizza was to die for. It feed me three meals and was so fresh, I will forsure be getting pizza from this place from now on!  




Friday I went on a long run at my favorite park that runs right along the Potomac River. I did my run early and met Barbara for a picnic lunch on the river. Barbara is a sweet lady from the church that has been a huge blessing to me in more ways then I can write out. She is looking for a job now as well and it has been so nice to know that your not alone in thinking or feeling curtain ways. We are very similar and she has really tucked me under her wings and is so encouraging. I pray daily that she can get a job soon because I know that it is not easy not having one. She is a very wise women and I know she will be a great friend as I continue to live here. After we ate lunch and talked we walked down to a small quint little town that I LOVE and window shopped. We did not bring our wallets (on purpose), but we did get to try some fudge from the chocolate store! 




This is only 1/2 of my lunch because I had a protein drink, a granola bar, and an apple before I ate this.




After getting home from a long day of running, walking, and window shopping I got home and a little loaf of cinnamon bread was sitting in my apartment. Pastor had got it for me from a local bread company and it was so good toasted with a little butter on it. It was the perfect way to finish a great day!   


I also got to help another friend (Amanda) in her classroom for a day. We even got to take a field trip to a teachers store to do a bunch of laminating and shopping. It was a great day of good talks and just learning more about the other person. We have alot in common and she is a really fun person to be around. After working hard we were getting a little low on energy so it was time for lunch. I had a BOGO coupon to Chipotle so we went and both ate for $10, and it fed me for dinner too.     



Nothing is better then a Sunday afternoon hike with a bunch of friends...I dont have to explain how beautiful of a hike is was because the pictures do the talking. It was an amazing workout, great company, and perfect weather as well. 













Such a great way to end a great week! I am ready and excited to start this next week and see what in has in store! Bring it on!!!

With a pinch of love,
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment