Thursday, August 13, 2015

Theater... A Passion of Mine

Hello all of you beautiful people! 
I am so excited to share these photos with you and share a little bit about this huge passion of mine! 

I have been involved in theater in some way, shape, or form since I was a little girl. I was a shy little girl, but I loved acting and the idea of being on stage. In high school, I performed in several different musicals and helped backstage for several as well. Once college started, I didn't really have time or made time for theater and so for seven years I went without doing anything in the theater world. This past January, I started voice lessons for the first time in my life. It was my first real step back into the realm of theater and it was definitely one of those, step out of your comfort zone moves. But, they have gone so well and I absolutely love them! Then in April, I auditioned for Little Women at a community theater near where I work and I made it in! It felt amazing to be back in rehearsals. Back in the flow of things. And back in the backstage world! I love being on stage, but I also love helping out backstage! 

 Our cast for this show was incredible! One of the best casts I have ever worked with and I was very proud of the show that we put on. 

 I also like to sew and so to help out this small community theater, I volunteered my time to help the costume designer with fixes that needed to be made :) This is the finished product of a plain pink dress... It took a few tries to get it right cause it had been a few years since I had sewn as well. But I LOVED the way it came out :) 

This was our 'Jo March' :) This girl right here was not only the star of the show, but she is such an incredibly talented and wonderful human being! I had the privilege of being in charge of her quick changes and we had a blast backstage every night. Definitely moments that will never be forgotten! 

I love being in the rehearsal room during scenes that I am not in! It's always so amazing to me to watch a show come together... it's something that I will always love! This was a rehearsal for the final scene of the show and it was super late at night... they were getting a little loopy by this point in rehearsals :) 

Another cast member and me in the two dresses that I fixed and added on to! They both turned out beautifully and we had such a blast dancing each night in these lovely gowns. It really was so fun to wear the costumes for this show! 

I love this collage of photos... The top left is me and our 'Jo' :) The flowers on the top R are a mixed bunch of flowers that I got from the family I nanny for and other dear friend of my family's. The bottom L are flowers from my mom's best friend who came to see the show! And the last photo- the girl in the middle was my quick change assistant! She was awesome! I could not have done all of Alyssa's quick changes without this sweet girl! And the sweet friend on the far R was another quick changer for another one of the leads. Everyone was so wonderful to work with and we had such an amazing time putting this show together! 

Little Women was my first show back after a seven year hiatus and it will definitely be a show that I will never forget! 

A couple weeks ago, my little sister and I were able to be a part of a fundraiser Gala for the theater that put on Little Women. The photo above is of the amazing characters from Beauty and the Beast :) We sang 'Human Again' from the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast. This was my first time in over 15 years that I had a mic on for singing. It was definitely terrifying at first, but it actually went really well and we had so much fun playing each character. If you can't tell, I am the feather duster, next to me is the wardrobe, and then the clock, the teapot, and the candle stick! 

Here I am again as the feather duster :) I LOVE being able to be different characters! My actual feather duster was up on the prop table... so I guess I look more like a maid :) 

Another number I was in, was from West Side Story. It was the dance at the gym scene! This is my little sister and me! We were both able to be in this number together! It was so fun being able to perform alongside her... she is so talented and so precious!! 

I did have one other number, but I never got a photo of me in my costume. It was the song 'Under the Sea' from Little Mermaid! It was such a fun song and it was another one that my sister and I were able to be in together! 

Big hair and lots of make-up are another part of theater that I love! It's not everyday that I can put on lipstick and have my hair curled by a stylist and it feel totally normal! 

Theater is in my bones and I will forever have a passion to be a part of it in some way, shape, or form. Lord willing I will have news for you all in the near future about some exciting changes in my life that will allow me to be more involved in theater once again. Thanks for hanging out with me today on the blog! I know it wasn't an update on my current week, but I really wanted to share these photos with you all and share a little more about me, LoLo :) 

Until our next adventure, 
LoLo

No comments:

Post a Comment