Sunday, January 24, 2016

Back in the Game!

I'm I was sitting on the bench a week and a half ago and I am so happy to say.... I am back in the game!!! Being a teacher has been a part of me that I never really knew would become such a passion of mine. I love my job and I could not imagine doing anything else. I am myself in the classroom and I have the best time with my little ones!


I got a call on Wednesday night that I was cleared to work and also go to the staff meeting that night. So I went to the meeting and it was a fun to get to meat everyone and it was also a very productive meeting! I was very excited to get into work on Thursday and get right to training. On Friday I got to leave at 4:00pm to go to Kristin's house and then go with her to see Dad, Mom and Wes! This is my  "excited to be going home today" selfie :) 


From here to Kristin's house was two hours and then to my parents it was another two. It was perfect because it broke up the trip and gave Kristin and I time to just talk and catch up. We had a wonderful and relaxing time over the weekend and it just reminded me of why I moved up here. I LOVE being close enough that I can just go home on weekends. The weekend was just perfect in every way, relaxing yet we had a lot of fun just being together. 
While we were there my sister wanted to make this chip bean dip, and I waned to make this dessert. I did not even get to take a picture of the dip because it was gone so quick! We don't like making things like this at home because we are the only ones and we would eat it all or is would go bad so this way we could share :) This is a dessert recipe Jenn gave me when I went to visit GA for thanksgiving and I was craving it. It is like a crumb cookie bottom (with pecans), a cream cheese mixture, chocolate pudding, and then topped with cool whip! It was delicious!! 


Shylee decided since Mom was at the market she would sit on Wes's lap while we watched the football game. Wes and I got time to play games together at night, and eat a lot of candy :/ Yes, he is such a bad influence for me, but I love my little brother to pieces!


When I got back on Monday afternoon I had some work to do. I was very grateful that the snow was fluffy and because I had shoveled before and found a broom that helped I actually enjoyed shoveling this time. It was nice to get some fresh air and a workout in! I am slowly getting use to it all and I am so thankful this year has been way lighter snow wise then last year so i can get use to it all! 




After i was done shoveling I made some dinner and I had this moose for dessert! These are my Mom's favorite and she put them in our stalkings this year. I had saved it for the perfect night and Monday night was that night. 


I rather work later in the morning that way I can get up, workout, eat a good breakfast, shower, and then head to work, but I have already had to work some early mornings. When I do go in later though I miss the beautiful sunrise, so one morning I had to pull over to get a picture. This is a house that I pass everyday and it is my favorite!  I love the color, the location, and the view.....maybe someday it will be for sale for $100....I can keep dreaming right?!


Friday night after work I wanted to go shopping because I so did not feel like going anywhere Saturday and I had no food. I got the essentials and to keep myself for buying things I don't need I give myself a "fun dollar". This chocolate milk was SO calling my name and it was $1.39, and it so hit the spot. When I got home I poured in into this glass jar my mom gave me. I am in love with them  (she gave me two) and use one every day for water. 


This was a wrap that my boss got me for a lunch meeting, but a parent of mine also brought us pizza so I saved the warp for dinner and it was so yummy! I got my dinner all ready and sat and watched a TV show. It was a perfect way to end my first full week of work!


This was my Saturday night dinner because I was cold and wanted something warm! I am not a soup person, but living where it is so cold it is slowly growing on me. As I am writing this I am realizing that I take so many pictures of food, guess it proves I love food :P 


Today I had a great time at a church that I visited and then I got good amount of school work done. I took a break from it to watch the football game and prep my meals for the week. I did 5 bowls and I am just not sure why the other one did not make the cut. I put some sautéed chicken on top of the split peas and lentils and it makes for an amazing hot lunch at work. I also have yogurt and fruit that I have packed with it as well. 


I am so ready for another work week, last week it felt so good to be back in the classrooms. I was a floater for all three infant rooms and this week I am just in my room so I am very excited. I like my kids already and the parents have been really sweet and fun to get to know. I have been blessed with the best co-teacher I could ask for and I know we will make a great team. She took off this week because of health reasons so this week will be different, but I am hoping next week we can start getting into a good routine.

Have a wonderful week!

With a Pinch of Love, 
Lil'Chef


No comments:

Post a Comment