Sunday, January 10, 2016

Warming the Bench

Seems like just a couple posts ago that I had been sitting on the bench waiting to get into the job game, and here I am again.....waiting! You think I would learn how to be patient, but it is still really hard. I learned so much the first time that it is easier, yet waiting always has days where I just want to be busy with work. 


I left my parents house on Monday afternoon and headed to the house I am sitting in MA for three months. It is a huge blessing because I am able to look around at apartments and just get to know my way around before picking somewhere to live. My car needed her oil changed so I set up an appointment at a Pep Boys on my way down and it worked out perfectly. There was a Dunkin' right near it so after I dropped my car off I walked over and used my birthday drink cupon to get a caramel macchiato.


When I got to the house this is how my living room looked from moving all my stuff in and it drove me crazy. On Tuesday I cleaned and Organized most of the day and it felt so good that I knew where all my stuff was.


This week I went on a walk/run around the subdivision and I did not like the cold at all. The struggle up north for runners is real! Your cold when you leave the house and then your body gets warm so you take layers off but then as your cooling down you start to freeze because now your sweaty also :/. I am not a fan! 


Thursday it hit me that I moved and was not just up to visit for Christmas. I knew that a lot of that feeling was coming because I did not know a single person near me so I was pretty lonely. I pulled out the letters and the book that my old center gave me and it helped me remember the super fun times I had there. It was so encouraging reading the notes that parents had given me and got me excited to meet the new parents I will get to meet.


Because I have not had any income lately I have have had to be carful with spending money (yeah, sounds familiar) and I have gotten good at it :) This was after I worked out and as you can tell I was craving protein.


Friday morning my new director called me and invited me to their holiday party and I was so very excited. I was so ready to meet my new coworkers and being to be able to meet then outside of work was even better. It was so much fun and I felt like I fit right in with the other teachers. I can't wait to be a small part of this awesome team. I know that I will learn a lot from these amazing ladies I get the opportunity to work along side.


They had it at a local Mexican restaurant and the food was delicious! They had this AMAZING guacamole that I ate so much of I only ate one of my tacos. I got shrimp tacos with guacamole in them, topped with a fresh coleslaw, and served with Spanish rice. They were very yummy as well!



A rainy Sunday was had today, yet I have never been more excited for rain in my life. I am so thankful that it was not snow....because I don't have to shovel the rain :P 


Because I have been inside today I wanted to make a yummy dinner :) I had an egg omelet with baked mozzarella cheese sticks! I have tried them once before and they so did not work so I wanted to give it another shot. They were good, but still not the same as fried ones that you can order at a restaurant. Now I can say I have tried them twice and I don't think I will try a third :) 


I am hoping and praying that my background check comes back tomorrow so I am cleared to start on Tuesday! I know it will take time to settle in here, and I am ready to get that underway! Have a wonderful week, and I will talk to you all again next week!

With a Pinch of Love,
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment