Sunday, January 3, 2016

Blessed with Family

It has felt so good having this week with family...both emediate and extended.

Wes and I have spent several late nights playing his Xbox that he got for Christmas over this break, but that's what breaks are for right? Late nights and late mornings :) One night was the first snow fall of the season and it started at like 12:30am so we went out and just had to enjoy it.


Tuesday was a day that we all needed to just relax and not do much at all. We all slept in and then after everyone was up and had breakfast/lunch we pulled out our gingerbread house making stuff. We set up the big table and watched moves and had a great time making our houses. I was sad because I did not think we would be able to get to making them this year, but Kristin went and bought all the stuff to make them before she came down for Christmas. 


This was my house


Hope's house


Wes's house (and his girlfriend come over and helped)


Kristin's barn


Mom's house


Wednesday my Daddy bought us all tickets for a hockey game! We met up with Zach (in MA) and some of his kids and got to watch it together. I had a lot of fun and really got into the game, it ended up being a really close game and pretty intense at the end. Out team ended up losing but we all had a great time! After the game we went to Zachs house for the night because for New Years Eve we were all heading to my Uncle Stevens for the traditional New Years Eve party.






For our New Years Eve party we play games, eat lots of food, and this year we even had a photo booth! This is with my Dad's side of the family and it is always been a time where we all get to catch up. I think it is so cool because every year there are friends of the family that join that just add and mix in very well.


Me and two of my three beautiful sisters <3


Fun with the photo booth....this is my Dad's mom, sisters, and one of his two brothers.



My Grandma and all the grandkids and great grandkids that were there. 


We always have Ice Cream Sundays and I did not hold back this year. I had chocolate ice cream with gummy bears, peanuts, oreos, hot fudge, then topped with whipped cream. It was delicious!!! 


New Years Day we go to my Dad's sisters house to have lunch, watch the hockey game, play pool, watch a movie, and just talk. For lunch her husband does a huge ham and he assigns us all sides to bring.  It is always so delicious and after this point we are all in a food coma and want to take a nap. 


After eating all this food we were headed back to VT and talk about a very interesting road trip back. We were all tired and ready for a good nights sleep. I seemed to laugh at everything that was said, my sister was sore from shoveling snow the day before, and we added an hour to our trip by going a different way because of traffic.

 On Saturday Mom, Kristin, Hope and I went shopping...yeah bad idea to send four girls shopping! We all came home with lighter wallets and more stuff to pack. :P It was so much fun to all be able to shop together again, I just kept telling myself to remember times like those because they don't happen all the time.


My Mom also went grocery shopping and bought some really "fun" things for all of us. She got me a little mini watermelon and I am planning on eating it today. She is so sweet and always spoils us when we come to visit.


Hope left early this morning to head back to NC, Kristin left this morning to head back to her place, and I will be leaving tomorrow to head to MA. With every leaving we all asked mom to make her amazing homemade pizza! It was so yummy and exactly what we all wanted.




What an amazing week and I got to finish it with watching football with my Dad, going to the farm with Wes and Shylee, and 'helping" my Mom with dinner. Tomorrow I am MA bound to start getting use to my new home and hopefully starting my job on the 12th. What a perfect break this has been and I am so glad that I will be closer to family. I know I shared a good amount of what I have done through pictures, but there are so many more little moments that I just enjoyed.

About to grab some ice cream and watch "Worst Cooks in America" with the family. Have a great first week in 2016, make this year a great one one day at a time.

With a Pinch of Love,
Lil'Chef  

No comments:

Post a Comment