Sunday, January 31, 2016

Love Loving my Job

This week is a week that has been full of work, school, and more work, and school,
but I am loving it all! 
I have been able to be in my room all week so it has been nice to know where and what I will be doing everyday. This week Donna (my co-teacher) has been out for medical reasons so I have been in the room with Hailey and it was fun. She went to school for baking and pastry so we had a lot of ideas we talked about. We also were able to talk about what our favorite things to bake are and what our different school experiences were like. We had a great week, but I am very excited to get into a routine with having Donna back and learning how to work together. It is so cool because Donna and I live 3 miles from each other and this last week I went over and just had dinner and talked with her. It has been awesome getting to know her outside of work and it is so nice to know that there is someone close if I need them. She is so sweet and we are alike in many ways and I know we will make a great teaching team.

 My CDA class started on Monday and we started with the safety section and will be working on it until February 20th. I was put into the fast track group so it is a pretty good amount of work that is due, but so far I have kept up just fine. I do a section a night and it seems to have been working :) This a a cover page I made and then the other one is a page that goes on the front of my binder, I was pretty proud of them! I used bright horizons clip art and was excited to show my director and she loved them both. 

                                                


This is just my orientation and safe section so I am thinking that by the time a year is over I will have quite the binder!!


At this new center they do not have set hours that you work so you never know your shifts for the week until the Friday before the following week. This week I had several early mornings, but with the sunrises it did not make it so hard! My classroom has huge windows and I also get to see the sunset every evening as well and I love it! I can say that I don't care for the cold at all, but they do have nice sunrises and sunsets here.


I feel like since moving to where it is colder my body has had a really hard time adjusting. I am thinking my vitamin D is super low and I know that my iron has been low as well. I have felt very week and low on energy so I am trying to be more aware of little things I can do to help it. I started these last few days with making a spinach smoothie before work and I have already felt the difference. Some days I am still tired, but hey everyone gets tired! ;P


It was national chocolate cake day and so at work they had cake pops out for us teachers. They were super moist and hit the spot! It is the little things like this that make us teachers feel appreciated and make us want to keep working as hard as we do! 


On Friday night I went to Donnas and we went to this local sub place. I got a stake and cheese sub and it was SO good! I love subway, as you know by now, but have never even thought to try stake and cheese. This was a huge sub and man, it was so good! When I got back home I wanted chocolate so I finished this AMAZING chocolate that Owen's mom gave me when I left VA. She said it was her favorite and now I know why! It was super creamy and the hazelnuts where the perfect crunch! 


Today I had a "stay at home day" and it was so needed! I watched a church service, got a good amout of school done, washed my car (because it was above freezing), got to have a two hour chat with Lolo and then I will finish off the day with watching "Worst Cooks" while folding my clothes. My conversation with Lolo was so sweet and I am so thankful for her and our friendship! We miss each other very much yet have been so good with making sure we keep the other one updated. I am praying and hoping I can see her again sometimes soon, but I know that the Lord will allow us to do that in His perfect timing. She is always there for me and really understands me so well. She puts me in my place when I need it, but also she is there to catch  and encourage me when I need it. I think we will always be friends no matter where we are distant wise! I am very excited to see what the Lord has for her as she goes through many changes here in the next couple months! 

I am ready for this week and I think we have a pajama day at school this week....and that always makes for a fun day ;) Have a great first week in February... start it off on the right foot! 

With a Pinch of Love, 
Lil'Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment