Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cleaning Frenzy

On Tuesday of this week, Lil' Chef and I decided to go through our closets with no mercy. It has been needing to be done for some time now,  but we never got around to doing it.... Well as you can see, we had way more clothes than we needed and we ended up getting rid of almost HALF of the clothes in the closet! It feels so good when you can pull everything out, go through it, re-organize it, give stuff away, and then put all your kept stuff back in a neat and clean fashion. Ah... One of the best feelings ever!  


This was the room after our closet threw up in it. So. Many. Clothes!! 


My clothes after I was finished going through them... Left side = keep. Right side = Goodwill! Feeling pretty proud of myself! 


While we had everything out of the closet, we put baking soda on the carpet to pull odors out. We left it for about an hour and then came back and vacuumed it all up. It's great!


Our hanging clothes.... I so badly wish I had a 'before' photo of this part. It was a mess and super crowded. 


I wish I had a before of this also. It was worse than the hanging clothes! 


Quick Tip: buy a towel rod to hang scarves on in your closet. I bought this at target or walmart and it holds several of our most-worn scarves!! It's wonderful! 


Our lists of items we gave away.... It was two black trash bags full!! Crazy! The closet now feels spacious, clean, and organized and I love it that way! 

This weekend is the Fourth of July!!!! One of my favorite holidays! I am excited to cookout with the family and enjoy being proud to be an American! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend and that you have some amazing cookouts as well :) 

Much love, 
LoLo

No comments:

Post a Comment