Friday, July 25, 2014

Junior Week One

Junior week one is over! It was a great week, and everything went as smooth as it could.
 
If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
- Rabindranath Tagore
 
I know that it seems like a random quote this time, but I had seen it on a friends Facebook page and really thought it was a great reminder.
 
It has been a beautiful week here, perfect weather for all the kiddos activities. We had one stormy day, but it was nice to have rain to make all of the colors outside pop again.
 I love being able to do my devotions and eat outside, the view is so perfect up here on the mountain.


There is a councilor here that is my age and we have become good friends. Jackie is a rugby player, and wanted to make sure to stay in shape while she was here. We have gotten to workout twice together and it was a ton of fun, we would do it everyday but camp can get crazy ;). She is one of those people I know we will stay in touch after camp is over.



Here are pictures of the food we have been making.....

Dirt pudding


 
My Mom's Jello Cups


Carmel Popcorn  


Breadsticks (super yummy)
 


Pizza and Breadsticks
 

Out last dinner for the campers
 

Strawberry Shortcake
 

The menu will be the same for this week, but I will take pictures of the food I have not gotten yet :) 

One day I had a polka-dotted pink and black tank top on with a bow in my hair and apparently I looked like Minnie Mouse. Well during a game Kara (a camper) came up to me and said we were matching...... she had a Minnie Mouse shirt on and said I looked like Minnie too. She grabbed my hand and said we had to get a picture together ;)    
 



She was adorable and we called eatchother Minnie the rest of the week.

Mom and I went shopping and I got to go to this isle, where I found my and Lolo's favorite candy ever! 


It reminds me of so many friendship dates we have brought them on, and the good times that come with that! 

 
After a long week of camp this was our menu sign...


The campers are all gone and sweet Shylee has stared her sad face ;(
 

Then 10 minutes later she was sacked out on the couch.


Now my oldest brother's family is on their way here from Massachusetts...but I will wait to put the weekend adventures in my next post! I have not seen them in 2 1/2 years so I can't wait to finally see them! 

Another camp week starts Sunday at 2pm...bring on the little campers!! 

With a pinch of love, 
Lil'Chef




 

No comments:

Post a Comment