Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Disney by LoLo

Wow... what an incredible trip! It could not have gone any better and everything worked out so smoothly. This is about to be a whirlwind review from everything we did, so just hang in there.... I promise there will be TONS of photos and lots of craziness!
The trip started out on Sunday morning at 5am when Lil' Chef and I left the house, Orlando bound.
It was a beautiful morning and the roads were quiet so figuring out the directions was super easy.

The drive went really well and the 8 hours went by pretty quickly.
We arrived in Orlando around 1:30p and got our room figured out, Disney tickets picked up, dinner purchased, and settled in just in time to watch the final World Cup game! It was so fun watching it with my soccer freak {Lil' Chef}! I am so glad Germany won!!! I was so proud of their team and I total believe they deserved that title more than any other team this year. After the game, we decided to just chill in the hotel room and then get to bed early so that we'd get plenty of sleep before our big day.
The snacks we packed for the park!
All of the brochures and tickets!
The next morning began with the alarm going off at 7am and I was ready to jump in that shower and get ready to go! I was so excited and couldn't believe it was actually here.... Today we were going to DISNEY!!!! We had packed the backpack the night before so once we were dressed we were out the door and on our way.
Early morning faces :)
We stopped by Chick-fil-A for breakfast and I had to run by Target to get my special sunscreen since I totally forgot to pack it {super smart, LoLo!}.
Getting to the park was super easy and there was no traffic at all. We arrived at the park around 8:45a and got through parking, the tram, and the ferryboat in about 25 minutes! It was perfect!

The ferryboat is my favorite way to get to Magic Kingdom. It is so peaceful and beautiful and way more magical :)
Going through the ticket entrance and the bag check took all of 10 minutes and then we were there. There, the happiest place on earth. There, the park that I had been thinking about and planning for for weeks. There.... we had made it to Magic Kingdom!!! And we had all day to explore and enjoy!!

 Aloha Isle was our first stop after seeing Pluto {Lil' Chef has the photo of Pluto ;)} and it was delicious and very refreshing! And then we hit up Swiss Family Robinson and the Jungle Cruise.
Pirates of the Caribbean  
I didn't get to meet Winnie the Pooh :( So I just took a photo with his mailbox! 
On our favorite ride of the day!!
Favorite ride- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
 Lil' Chef and I did so well at the park with eating and drinking! This meal was the first and only meal we ate the whole time we were there. It was 5pm before we decided to go find food and this was so tasty! The snacks that we brought carried us through till this point and when we waited in lines we would eat them so that we didn't get super hungry. It was the perfect strategy!

Riding the Tea Cups! Lil' Chef made me slightly dizzy on this one... ;) 

The characters were so much fun!! Woody was cracking us up... he was so playful and flirty :)
 One of the most helpful tips we got before we went to Disney.... You can get FREE ice water from any of the cafes around the park. This was truly a lifesaver and we did it four times while at the park. It helped keep us hydrated while not spending any money... this and the snacks were one of the best decisions we made! I put this photo here because Lil' Chef went to get our first waters while I waited in line for Chip -n- Dale!


Ariel was so sweet! I so badly wanted a princess autograph and she was the only one I was able to get. We waited in line for a while for her, but I am so glad I did! I look like such a little girl in the photo above... She was the last autograph I got and I was so tired, but she was so fun to meet.

There was a huge storm that passed over the park and so Lil' Chef and I ran to the front of the castle to catch this photo! 
After the storm... Jesus gave us this incredible gift... unbelievably stunning!
Just one more of this incredible sky... 


Best firework show ever!
Our Speedway ride after the fireworks!
Splash Mountain
Lil' Chef was just a little frightened on this ride... We rode it at 11:15pm! Last ride of the day! 
Good-bye Disney World! It was one of the most magical times of my life!
Falling asleep on the ferry back to the car... so exhausted! 
 This was the time on the dash when we finally got back to the car... from 9am-12am... crazy!! But definitely worth every second of the day!

We got back to the hotel, washed up, changed, and fell right to sleep. I set an alarm for 10am just in case we didn't wake up on our own.

The next morning started with the alarm going off... I was so thankful I set that alarm! We both got up and showered, packed up our stuff, checked out, and hit the road by 11:30am. 

The drive home was a little more difficult than the drive down. We hit several really bad storms and drove through some torrential downpours! We made it home by 7:30p... Again, made the drive in 8 hours.  

 These were the souvenirs we brought home from our adventure. They are photo frames that we had all the characters autograph! Everyone who saw them thought it was the greatest idea and that they had never seen anyone do it before. I love that this is what we had them sign because now we can look at their signatures all the time instead of having them in a book :)

I still need to print a photo to add... but I love the way it turned out!
Well, that was one crazy post!! This trip was one of the best trips I have been on. It was the first time I had planned a trip like this and I am so thankful everything worked out so beautifully. Countless memories were made and Lil' Chef and I will never forget this crazy, whirlwind trip to Magic Kingdom. Thank you for joining us on this adventure and I hope you enjoyed looking through my eyes at what this trip was like! 

Until the next adventure, 
LoLo

No comments:

Post a Comment