Monday, July 21, 2014

Hello from Maine!!


Off again on a new adventure and this time.... to Maine!!!
 
“It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin

I will be here until the 16th of August, then back to Georgia! I will be here for two junior weeks of camp and then a specialty week. The two junior weeks are these next two weeks then I get to go to road tripping to Massachusetts! It is the second week in August that the specialty week will run, and I have to say I am most excited for that one! My whole family will be all together for the first time in two years. There are seven kids and then my parents, over the years we have added two sister-in-laws, a brother-in-law, a niece, and three nephews. Everyone except my brother-in-law will be here to help run the week of camp! Enough with what is going to happen because I am sure I will be posting about all that again soon ;)
 
My plane trip to Maine....


 
I was not happy at all with the lady that sat next to me at all! Lets just say Jillian Michaels would have loved to kick her butt with a good workout ;) She had fallen asleep and started literally squishing me.... andI could not wake her up! I was just praying so hard that the hour left of the trip the pilot would fly a little faster. Finally we landed and my Mom was there to pick me up! We got to just talk on our way to camp and those are always my favorite times. When we got to camp I got to see my brother, my Dad, and Shylee (the cutie in the picture).

Here are some pictures of Blueberry Mt.....it is the camp my Dad is now the director of.
 
My Mom does a GREAT  job with her garden! I always know the garden will be tended and beautiful. She really enjoys her garden time!

 
My favorite view from the camp.


 
My Dad's new addition to the camp family.....

 
 
.....two sheep....Roger and Maggie!
 
 
There was a work team here from PN when I got here to help get the camp ready for campers. The work team left on Saturday morning, and we had to make a quick turn over to be ready for campers to come Sunday afternoon.

 
For the quick turn over my Mom and I had some shopping to do ;)
 
 
If you think that is alot, that only will last us till Wednesday. To brighten our day, on our way in I caught a shot of this beautiful butterfly (no filter)!
 
 
Sunday morning my Mom and I knocked out most or our desserts for the week.



 
We made more then cookies, but we were on a roll and did not stop to get pictures. I will try to get pictures as we serve them later this week. Here is the best kitchen Sou Chef (my Mommy) I could ever ask for. The cool thing is we will be adding more of my sisters as the weeks go on.
Sunday night is always PIZZA night!!!!

 



 
This was a cute picture because I was trying to get a picture of my sweet Mom's mottoes for the camp weeks, but the campers thought I wanted a picture of them. I really like this picture because it holds memories, you got to love campers!


 Me and my little brother Wes cooking Pancakes this morning. He is a huge help in the kitchen, and helps whenever he is not my Dad's right hand man.  
Tonight dinner was a chicken recipe I made up to try baked "fried" chicken. It turned out good, but definitely some things I want to change to make it even better.
 



My Mom writes the menu and I found this on the board ;)
 

 
Then to top the wonderful day off I had this for dessert and hot chocolate ......yummmmy!!



Well that's all for tonight, and I will be reporting back as soon as I find some time to write again!
With a pinch of Love,
Lil' Chef

2 comments: